It seems that nothing can be kept a secret for very long these days – due to social media and internet, everything leaks out before a release date.
Apparently, Star Wars is no different – as some very interesting new details have hit the web.
OBVIOUS SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
Recently I glimpsed some photos of a set on the water at Malin Head. On the shoreline were seven men in black. There might be more but some of the people are hard to make out. All of these people are wearing all black with helmets, resembling medieval knights with weapons. The characters are not wearing the black covers to hide their costumes like they did back at Dubrovnik. These are actual black costumes. It is my opinion and the source’s opinion that these are the Knights of Ren. Kylo Ren could always have another gang of warriors in black but I think its likely they’re the guys we saw in The Force Awakens.
There are “black helmeted medieval-looking figures” going after Luke Skywalker and Rey on the coast of Ahch-To. The guys I once referred to as Jedi Hunters back in the day were described in the same way back during the production of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
From what I have heard a few times, Rey is reluctant with (if not angry at) Luke Skywalker because she has to kill Kylo Ren and she doesn’t want to do it. The scene that follows appears to be when the showdown finally begins. I suppose she accepts her duty or has no choice but to fight.
The text below is what the source(s) witnessed:
- Luke Skywalker and Rey are on Ahch-To just before nightfall as the sun sets in the background and it starts to rain.
- Rey’s hair is pulled back. She doesn’t have the vest from VII on.
- Luke and Rey are wearing the costumes we described before.
- Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren turn up along the coast.
- Kylo Ren continues advancing towards the heroes with the Knights of Ren.
- Kylo does not wear the mask here.
- Kylo has the same cross guard saber as he did in VII.
- Kylo’s costume looked the same as in VII.
- Rey and Kylo Ren duel one-on-one and end up fighting along the cliff face overlooking the nighttime water.
- Kylo wants his revenge after Rey disgraced him.
- The Knights of Ren go for Luke Skywalker while Rey is left for Kylo.
- Luke Skywalker engages the Knights on the beach while Kylo attempts to kill Rey.
- The first black knight has an axe and moves towards the Luke but is Force pushed away to his death after being thrown through the air.
- After Luke dispatches the first Knight he ignites his green lightsaber.
- Luke moves through each Knight one-by-one.
- Rey and Kylo’s battle moves up to the side of a cliff.
- Suddenly Rey is nowhere to be seen. She’s taken out of the battle; she’s either wounded or appears to go over the side of the cliff.
- Luke Skywalker casually walks towards Kylo to finish him but Kylo retreats when he sees his crew defeated.
- Luke Skywalker is a badass Jedi and he’ll destroy your squad.
One source commented:
“A lot of wire work was used.”
The bee hive huts were made of fitting foam, which Thomas was able to find on site as well.
They filmed fighting scenes and Chewbacca participated in those fights.
It appears that the Knights of Ren disturbed Rey’s Jedi training.
The filming took place till dusk and buildings could be seen from houses in that area that were 2-3km (2 miles) away.
Star Wars: Episode VIII hits theaters December 15, 2017.