Falcon and the Winter Soldier had its fifth episode released last Friday and had a cameo that no one saw coming in the form of award winning actress, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, making an appearance as the mysterious Contessa. It is not often that such a secret can be kept from the fans, especially in the age of the internet, where everything is accessible. That being said, there was one person on Reddit who knew this was coming, even when every other news outlet never even had the former Veep star as an option. Now, that same user is offering up some insight into the upcoming MCU sequel, Spider-Man: No Way Home.
The poster, SpideyForever245, shared some supposed details on the upcoming third film for Tom Holland and the Marvel/Sony collaboration:
- There’s a time skip, Peter Parker is in court, there’s a lot going on as he’s trying to prove his innocence.
- The Multiverse is breaking [and] there are villains from other worlds. Doctor Strange is trying to capture them and put them in a special prison he made. The villains somehow escaped because Peter messed with some magic to clear his name [and it’s] now up to him to get them back into the prison.
- Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are in the second and third acts of the movie.
- There are some scenes with Maguire and Garfield on their own.
- The movie’s final act is on the Statue of Liberty that now looks like a big Captain America with the shield. The villains are all there. Holland, Maguire and Garfield too. There is a Stark Arc Reactor the [vilalins] are fighting over.
- All the villains except Willaim Defoe’s Green Goblin end up in that prison. The Goblin kills someone…I’m not sure who, but Tom Holland’s Peter was crying and got so mad he tried to kill Goblin and very nearly did.
- The movie ends with Peter finishing high school…it looks like everyone still knows he’s Spider-Man by the end.
These are some very interesting points, if they are indeed true. However, right off the bat, there is an issue. It has already been confirmed that the film will pick up at the exact moment where the last one left off, with Spidey in the street as his identity is revealed to the world. So, the time jump point could point to this being inaccurate. But, the Captain America themed Statue of Liberty seems accurate, as we already have had a leak that showed a bus stop ad for that very landmark. In other words, take all of this with a grain of salt, but keep an eye out for confirmed details that may just show the truth to this post.
If this is indeed true, this will be a very interesting film to wrap up Holland’s first trilogy as the Wall Crawler. And the magical multiverse prison by Doctor Strange could lead to all kinds of problems for the Marvel Cinematic Universe down the line. This supposed leak also ‘confirms’ the inclusion of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield, even thought Tom himself have denied their appearances in the film. With the movie set for release this coming December, we should hoping get a teaser trailer in the next month or two, at the latest. So, while we will take this post lightly at the moment, it does lend to a very interesting film, even if just half of it is true.
If true, does this sound like Spider-Man: No Way Home will be any good? Let us know in the comments below!