Connect with us

ScreenGeek

dont breathe 2

‘Don’t Breathe 2’ First Look Reveals Return Of Stephen Lang’s Blind Man

Fans were excited when it was announced that the 2016 horror film Don’t Breathe would be getting a sequel. The film was shot last year, and it’s been said that it will be a very different type of film than the first. As such, any new information on the project has been appreciated. Now, we’ve finally been given our first look at the movie – and according to Stephen Lang, this time Don’t Breathe 2 allowed him to more fully get in the correct mindset for the character.

As you can see, the “Blind Man” is back in the film’s first look:

Here’s what Lang said while speaking in a recent interview this year:

“The first time out, you just plunge in, cause what do I know? I went at it the best way I could. I figured out a way to go at it,” Lang explains. “And I’ve been able to expand on that in the second one. This time, I really felt I had the proper time to really prepare. I really only had just a little over a month [to prepare for the first one]. I just did it. And it worked. It worked out good.”

Apparently the new film had more prep time than the first. As such, Stephen Lang was able to flesh out the Blind Man in a new way for Don’t Breathe 2. This should no doubt be exciting for fans who wanted to see more of Stephen Lang’s take on the unique and interesting character. He then further continued, stating what he did to prepare for the sequel:

“But,” Lang began, “doing the sequel, I felt a real obligation to really, really work more specifically on the blindness, cause I had the time to do it. And so I hooked up with this amazing organization, The Northeastern Association for the Blind, which is located in Albany. And I began working with their director of orientation and movement. The second script was… it’s a different deal. And so I just needed to do that preparation there. When you’re working on the mechanics of a role, it’s tangible. I really, really enjoyed preparing for this role.”

Finally, Lang concludes:

“Becoming the Blind Man again… with full confidence this time,” Lang adds.

With a new type of narrative for the horror film and more time for Stephen Lang to become the Blind Man, Don’t Breathe 2 definitely sounds like a worthy successor to the original. Here’s the plot setup for the upcoming film:

“In Don’t Breathe 2, the Blind Man has been hiding out for years in an isolated cabin and has taken in and raised a young girl orphaned from a house fire. Their quiet existence is shattered when a group of kidnappers show up and take the girl, forcing the Blind Man to leave his safe haven to save her.”

Rodo Sayagues directed the film after having co-written the first. Don’t Breathe 2 is currently scheduled for an August 13, 2021 release date.

More in Film & Television

Advertisement
Advertisement
arrow To Top