In a week of alleged leaks (we reported a bunch of potential DCEU leaks earlier this week) and the key word here being alleged, we managed to find some alleged leaks that were taken down from the initial Reddit post yet again – and like the DCEU leaks, it’s very interesting to look at.
In case you didn’t realize, there ARE obvious spoilers that follow.
MAJOR POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOLLOW!
Still here after two blatant warnings? Great.
Let’s start with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2!
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Ego is made out to be the main villain at first, but it is actually Ayesha, although Ego is also an antagonist. Taserface serves as a secondary foe.
- Sylvester Stallone and Sharon Stone are playing members of the Ancients, a race of immortal aliens that hire the Guardians of the Galaxy to stop Ego, as part of a bigger plan masterminded by Ayesha.
- Yondu and Nebula are joining the team alongside Mantis, who is Star-Lord’s half-sister and a prisoner of Ego.
- The Nova Corps will make an appearance and the Kree will also have a larger role.
- Groot will remain child-sized for a large portion of the movie.
- There’s a minor romantic subplot between Star-Lord and Gamora following the seeds planted in the first movie.
- Thanos won’t appear in the movie, but will be referenced.
- There’ll be no infinity stones, although they are referenced.
- The movie ending leads directly to “Avengers: Infinity War”.
- There are plans for a sequel, but James Gunn still isn’t officially attached to write and direct, although Marvel wants him to direct.
- Test screenings have been very positive so far.
- The recent reshoots were to streamline Strange’s training which takes up most of the second act, and also add a little more humor and a Tony Stark cameo.
- Kevin Feige is being particularly careful with this movie because Doctor Strange and Baron Mordo are supposed to become major recurring characters in the MCU going forward.
- The time stone is featured in the movie.
- The movie takes place simultaneously to the MCU, with Stephen Strange’s accident happening shortly after Tony Stark returns from Afghanistan and his training spanning all the other movies.
- Mads Mikkelsen’s character, Kaecilius, is aligned with Dormammu, who will have a bigger role in the sequels.
- There are already plans for a sequel with Benedict Cumberbatch and Chiwetel Ejiofor certain to return, but there are no other developments as of right now.
- The casting of the Ancient One was complex because of how people perceive it as an stereotype and because of the association with Tibet in light of how the Chinese box-office is important to movie studios nowadays. Tilda Swinton was picked because of he unusual she looks.
- The movie will have a serious tone with little moments of humor, like “The Winter Soldier”, which is being used as a template.
- Loki is the one that sends Hulk to the gladiator planet where Thor later ends up, Valkyrie is also a warrior in that planet and befriends Thor, but they don’t actually become a couple although there’s a spark between them.
- Jane Foster is not referenced at all in the script.
- Thor, Hulk and Valkyrie have to find the Soul Gem in order to defeat Loki and Hela, who has helped Loki usurp the throne, but is also planning to destroy the Nine Realms in the Ragnarok.
- Loki is eventually betrayed by Hela and helps Thor defeat her, but then betrays him as well and gives the Soul Gem to Thanos, as well as the location of the other Infinity Stones, for his own protection when Thanos launches his offensive on the universe.
- Skurge is Hela’s champion, but he follows her under false pretenses, and turns against her when he finds out what her true plans are, holding off her armies alone at the cost of his own life to give Thor a chance.
- Surtur and the Fenris Wolf will appear, among others.
- Odin has been living as a vagrant on Earth ever since Loki usurped the throne and banished him. He gets his full power back in the final scene to battle the Ragnarok monsters.
- Sif, the Warriors Tree and Heimdall are returning. Heimdall dies.
- Doctor Strange will have a cameo.
As with the last batch of rumors and alleged leaks we posted, take these with a grain of salt. Some have already been confirmed, though. The DCEU leaks turned out to be pretty accurate, and if anything – it’s still interesting to look at.
What do you think of all of this? Be sure to tell us your thoughts in the comment section below!