Whilst things may not be looking too good for Netflix, Marvel television looks to be branching out in other ways with the studio announcing earlier today that five new animated shows are set to hit Hulu in the near future. Read on to find out more.
The news of these new Animated was broken by The Hollywood Reporter who revealed that the streaming service who soon be producing shows based on Marvel Characters, MODOK, Hit-Monkey, Tigra & Dazzler and Howard the Duck with the four shows eventually culminating in a crossover show known as The Offenders. This being a play on the Netflix model which saw Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist having their own series before joining forces in The Defenders in 2017.
As well as the announcement of the shows, the article also includes the first descriptions of each of the series and reveals some of the impressive talent behind the scenes. It includes:
• M.O.D.O.K. centers around an egomaniacal supervillain with a really big head and a really little body, who struggles to maintain control of his evil organization and his demanding family. Writers Jordan Blum and Patton Oswalt will also executive produce.
• Hit-Monkey tells the tale of a wronged Japanese snow monkey, mentored by the ghost of an American assassin, as he cuts a wide swath through the Tokyo underworld in this darkly cinematic and brutally funny revenge saga. Writers Josh Gordon and Will Speck will executive produce.
• Tigra & Dazzler Show is a story about two woke superheroes and best friends, Tigra and Dazzler, as they fight for recognition among powered people who make up the eight million stories in Los Angeles. Writers Erica Rivinoja and Chelsea Handler serve as executive producers.
• Howard the Duck is trapped in a world he never made, but America’s favorite fighting fowl hopes to return home with the help of his unstoppable gal pal Beverly before the evil Dr. Bong can turn him the crispiest dish on the menu. Writers Kevin Smith and Dave Willis will also executive produce.
• The Offenders follows MODOK, Dazzler, Tigra, Hit Monkey and Howard the Duck as they are all forced to team up in order to save the world and certain parts of the universe.
We also have our first look at the characters courtesy of some artwork released from the studio itself. Check it out below.
BREAKING! M.O.D.O.K., Hit-Monkey, Tigra, Dazzler, and Howard the Duck get animated on @Hulu as “Marvel’s The Offenders”. Learn more about their individual shows and the team-up event: https://t.co/eI19VVjngk #TheOffenders pic.twitter.com/Ond9g5t7HA
— Marvel Entertainment (@Marvel) February 11, 2019
This is certainly an interesting move for Marvel, and people will certainly be curious about what they will be like. Hopefully if they are successful we may finally get the animated Deadpool series that’s been teased for years.
What do you think? Are you excited by this news? Which series are you most excited for? Let us know below.