Ever since the Disney/Fox merger, fans have been more than curious as to how Marvel would incorporate mutants into an already established universe like the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Another big question has been about one mutant in particular, Deadpool. The Merc with a Mouth who has a pension for unbridled violence and a never-ending run of swear words, as well as breaking the fourth wall, doesn’t seem to fit into the PG-13 realm of the MCU. However, Disney and Kevin Feige made it clear that they wouldn’t change the character (if it ain’t broke, right?), so how would it work? Well, a new supposed plot leak for Deadpool 3 has popped up online, and it’s definitely an interesting idea!
Now, this comes from 4Chan, so take this with a grain of salt. That being said, there were several leaks on 4Chan for Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame and Spider-Man: Far From Home that turned out to be true, so keep that in mind. According to the leak, Deadpool 3 will be a soft sequel/reboot, making it to where Deadpool is ‘in’ the MCU but not, if that makes sense. Apparently, he has always been around the MCU in this ‘retcon’ of sorts. Here is the full leak from 4Chan:
- A new MCU Deadpool is indeed in the works. Reynolds and Feige have finally come to an agreement on what the movie will be.
- It’s a half sequel to the established Deadpool Series and half reboot.
- Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick will be returning to write the script along with Reynolds, who already has a barebones draft constructed that he used to pitch the movie to Feige.
- It will be titled Deadpool: Retcon and will be set during the snap. The film will open with the entire established supporting cast of the Deadpool franchise getting snapped away. With Weasel getting snapped off screen to avoid using TJ Miller, which will be referenced in a 4th wall break.
- Deadpool will assume this happened due to him time traveling at the end of Deadpool 2 and attempt to fix it. The running joke is that Deadpool has always been in the MCU and there’s definitely nothing strange about that. T-Ray is the villain.
- The film will be rated R and released under the 20th Century banner. It will work a lot like the Sony Spider-Man films where the MCU is canon to Deadpool but not necessarily vice versa.
- Reynolds signed a historically lucrative 5 film contract with Marvel Studios. This will be a big headline when this news breaks. The money is insane.
- Expect this news by December 10th. Likely will be announced by Reynolds on Twitter/Instagram, possibly in character as Deadpool.
This is interesting on many levels. One is the villain, T-Ray. T-Ray was a nemesis of Deadpool during his solo comic book run and was the only villain who could also break the fourth wall, which could add to the hilarity of the film. Also, the talk of Ryan Reynolds’ lucrative contract has been rumored for a while now, so this only adds fuel to that fire. Being set during the Snap, we could get some scenes similar to the post credits scenes in Deadpool 2, like where Wade pops up in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and shoots the crappy Deadpool in the head.
The great geek YouTube channel, Everything Always, goes into greater depth here:
Whether this is true or not remains to be seen, but it does seem like a great way to incorporate Deadpool into the MCU, but still allow him to be what made him a success. Hopefully, when December 10th rolls around, we’ll get an actual announcement and thus gaining some validity to this leak.
What do you think of this possible plot leak for Deadpool 3? Let us know in the comments below!