With the digital release of Avengers: Infinity War, some of its bonus content is now available. (Other features are being saved for the Blu-Ray release on August 14.) We have a few of the scenes that have leaked for you below, as well as a pretty funny Gag Reel – full of the usual hilarity that comes with a Marvel Cinematic Universe blooper reel. So get ready!
Here’s what we know. There are approximately 30 minutes’ worth of behind the scenes featurettes. (We’ll detail them below.) Ten minutes are devoted to deleted and extended scenes. Finally, a hilarious blooper reel clocks in at just over 2 minutes. Also, the entire film can be viewed with commentary from the writers and directors.
A couple of the deleted scenes have surfaced online, and of course we have them here for you. The first shows Thanos, complete with unfinished CGI. He’s talking with Gamora shortly after kidnapping her. This scene takes place just before the conversation in the Mad Titan’s throne room, after which he tortures Nebula to force Gamora to give him the location of the Soul Stone.
The second scene shows us how the Guardians knew that Thanos had taken Gamora to Titan. (We really feel this one should have been left in the final cut.) Aboard the Milano, a despondent Star-Lord is arguing with Drax before noticing that he has multiple coded messages waiting to be read. They’re from Nebula, and reveal the important plot point of knowing where Thanos has gone. A written description of the scene says that she also threatens the Quill family jewels if he doesn’t hurry up and answer her.
There’s one with Happy Hogan:
And a Gag Blooper Reel/Mash-up of other deleted scenes:
Here’s a thorough breakdown of the bonus content:
“MAKING OF” FEATURETTES
- Strange Alchemy (5:08) – Go behind the scenes to see how Marvel’s greatest heroes were finally brought together. Also, see how the choice was made of who would share which scenes, and why.
- The Mad Titan (6:34) – An in-depth look at the history of Thanos, in the MCU as well as the comics. Why is he so powerful? Why does the entire universe fear him? Find out here.
- Beyond the Battle: Titan (9:36) – A detailed look at the stunts and effects that brought the fight scene to life, and how Thanos’s desolate home world was envisioned.
- Beyond the Battle: Wakanda (10:58) – The Battle of Wakanda is the largest, most epic war ever depicted in a Marvel film. See how much planning went into the incredible battle, and how practical and digital effects came together to create the incredible scenes.
- Happy Knows Best (1:23) – Tony and Pepper discuss the details of their wedding, until a frazzled Happy Hogan arrives with an urgent request.
- Hunt for the Mind Stone (1:24) – An addition to the fight scene between Thanos’ Black Order thugs, and Scarlet Witch and Vision. Wanda goes to great lengths to protect her beloved AI.
- The Guardians Get Their Groove Back (3:20) – One of the scenes shown above, in which Quill and Drax are reduced to petty squabbling until Mantis points out the notification light. Star-Lord, you’ve got mail.
- A Father’s Choice (4:00) – Also shown above. Thanos reminisces about a loyal, obedient Gamora. She reveals her deep hatred of him, and they argue over whether he rescued or abducted her as a child.
- Gag Reel (2:05) – See all your favorite heroes flub their lines, dance for no reason, and be generally hilarious.
- Audio Commentary (approx. 149 min.) by directors Joe and Anthony Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
Personally, I can’ wait to get my copy and binge-watch all this bonus awesomeness. What about you? Please discuss the film and bonus content in the comments below!