Captain Marvel —Marvel’s other very successful film that was released this year — is gearing up for a home release. The film starring Brie Larson as the MCU’s OP (overpowered) character, Carol Danvers, is said to be jammed packed with deleted scenes, featurettes, and digital exclusives. One of the deleted scenes has Carol Danvers still in training with her superpowers but taking a small break to show a few space kids how to throw a punch.
Check out the clip below:
The exclusive clip from io9 presents Danvers on the Kree homeworld still being called Veers, This leads us to believe that these events take place well before her mission with Yon-Rogg, played by Jude Law. The official title of the clip called, “Starforce Recruits”, was cut because the events later in the movie would do the story justice. This scene is just hammering a little too hard on the head. It does allow more Jude Law time if that’s your thing.
Here is more info on what to expect when Captain Marvel comes out on Digital May 28 and Blu-ray June 11th.
- “Who Do You Admire Above All Others?” – Kree Commander Yon-Rogg must answer to the Supreme Intelligence, who questions his leadership ability.
- Heading to Torfa – Vers (Danvers) and her fellow Starforce members banter as they prepare for their rescue mission to Torfa.
- “What, No Smile?” – In this alternate version of a scene from the movie, Vers is consulting a map when she receives a dubious offer of assistance.
- Black Box – Keller attempts to track Vers and Fury after their escape in a quadjet from the Joint USAFA Facility.
- Rookie Mistake – Novice S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson helps Director Keller out of an embarrassing situation.
The movie is also set to have alternative features:
Movie with Intro – An introduction by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck
Movie with Commentary – Commentary by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck
- Becoming a Superhero – Follow Brie Larson’s journey as she joins the MCU and see what it takes to be a Marvel Superhero in every sense of the word.
- Big Hero Moment – Explore how impactful Captain Marvel’s entrance into the MCU is, and how she inspires audiences around the world.
- The Origin of Nick Fury – Witness some of the MCU’s most significant events through Nick Fury’s eyes and see how his influence helped shape the MCU.
- The Dream Team – Discover why Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck are the perfect pair to direct Marvel Studios’ most powerful hero.
- The Skrulls and the Kree – Take a deeper look into the Skrulls and the Kree, their ongoing conflict, and the importance of shifting perspectives in the film.
- Hiss-sterical Cat-titude – The cast and crew dish on working with Goose and the raw talent it takes to portray such a complex character on-screen.
Captain Marvel releases on Digital May 28 and Blu-ray June 11th.